Wednesday, October 04, 2006

WTM Blog Updates

I know just enough web stuff to be dangerous. In my attempts to make the blog more readable, I put the "Official" WTM blogroll on another page. I also have a "HALL OF FAME" (or in the case of those not happy with WTM love...a hall of SHAME). See links to these pages in the sidebar. I also plan to add other pages but I am sure that I will procrastinate so I dare not give details. BTW-does anyone know how to change the COLOR of the font in the SIDEBAR on blogger? I can't do it. If you do, will you please let me know? If you can speak in small words it will help. Thanks and will chat later. Note-If you blog is missing from the "official" blog roll, please know it is operator error and will be back up soon. If it's not back up soon, please let me know. Not that many people consider it an honor to be on WTM's blogroll so if you one of the few, the proud, the brave---let me know!

4 Comments:

Blogger Karen Bodkin said...

Well Miss Thang, I didn't know I was even on your blogroll until now. You're in my bloglines so I'm here to tell ya that my link has changed to www.troll-baby.com, some time ago. That's probably why I didn't know I was on it.

To change your sidebar text, just replace the current hex colour with the one you want in your stylesheet, which is at the top of your template.

10/04/2006 11:42 AM  
Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

I consider it quite an honor to be on your blogroll, and I shall get you added to my daily reads 'roll asap.

I think to change the color of the font, you go to 'template', then under the < HEAD > and < style > (or style type="text/css" or something similar) tags, there will be a bunch of things like .body and some info, .content, .header, .main , you get the picture. There should be one that says .sidebar . Under the font properties listed under that heading, there should be font-color: #00000....and you can change that to any 5 digit cplor code. You can change it to a six digit code even if it only has three digits instead of six for the color. I do not have a link to a hexidecimal color chart, but you can just blingo or google 'hexidecimal color chart' and pick one out from there....

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

10/04/2006 4:31 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

There's not a way to change it in the template you're using (that I can see). I'm sure you can add something to the CSS but I don't know enough about CSS coding to help with that part.

10/05/2006 2:14 PM  
Blogger liz said...

To change colors: find anywhere in your template between "style" and "/style" where it says

color:#000;

and change the 000 part to red: F00 or, FF0000). more "web-safe" colors can be found here: http://www.theodora.com/gif4/html_colors.gif (three-digit colors and six-digit colors are essentially interchangeable).

Links on the sidebar, you can change color by adding in (for Barbie pink):

#sidebar a:link {
color:#FF3399;
}

Sadly, you can't change the colors on the ads (as far as i can tell).

10/06/2006 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home