Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Spam Burrito for Pesky Relatives

Dear WTMs, Are you dreading the holidays more than usual this year? Are you stuck with unwanted house guests (your 2nd cousins, your senile uncle and his 3rd wife)? White Trash Mom has the answer! Make sure these annoying family members don't stay at YOUR HOUSE next year! How, you ask? It's simple. Feed them really BAD food. You don't have to be mean or make your home a pigpen---just have two or three days of really bad chow and they'll be sure to call your SISTER next year! One excellent recipe to drive away the free loading relatives is....the popular Spam Breakfast Burrito. YUM! More recipes coming as we count down to Thanksgiving...WT style!

                          SPAM BREAKFAST BURRITOS
 
Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 6    Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Main Dish                        Breakfast

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
   1       cn           SPAM Luncheon Meat, cubed
                        -(12 oz)
   4                    Eggs
   2       tb           Milk
   1       tb           Butter or margarine
   6                    Flour tortillas (6")
   1       c            Shredded Cheddar cheese,
                        -divided
   1       c            Shredded Monterey Jack
                        -cheese, divided
                        CHI-CHI's Salsa to Taco
                        -Sauce

  Heat oven to 400'F. In bowl, beat together SPAM, eggs,
  and milk. Melt butter in large skillet; add egg
  mixture. Cook, stirring, to desired doneness. Fill
  each tortilla with SPAM mixture and half of cheeses.
  Roll burrito; place seam side down on 12x8" baking
  dish. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top of burritos.
  Bake 5-10 minutes of until cheese is melted. Serve
  with salsa.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

does it work on husbands?

11/14/2006 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my...so tempting, since my husband's sister invited herself and her baby, her mother and step-father, and her father and step-mother to Thanksgiving dinner - AT MY HOUSE.

I was thinking of catering so I could just get drunk and blame the bad food on the caterer...it didn't occur to me that I should just botch the dinner myself...

11/14/2006 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

* IMPORTANT WARNING ABOUT SPAM *

I grew up in Hawaii and most people from Hawaii LOVE Spam. There are Spam cookbooks there that are purchased, not for sh*ts and giggles, but for the actual recipes. So if some of your obnoxious relatives are from Hawaii (and believe me, I have LOTS of obnoxious relatives there) or have even spent time there, I suggest you check their Spam-stance first. Don't say you weren't warned.

11/14/2006 8:42 PM  
Blogger Hekla said...

Luckily we dont have Thanks giving in Denmark, but we still have relatives coming for more - maybe my cooking is alright after all? LOVE your blog - linked you at my TRASHselections. MAabe I should make a special print for WTMs?

11/15/2006 5:53 AM  
Blogger Hekla said...

www.trashprintblog.com/blog

11/15/2006 5:55 AM  
Blogger Hekla said...

sorry
wROOONG - iagain - HERE IS THE RIGHT LINK
www.trashprint.com/blog

11/15/2006 5:56 AM  
Blogger queen of wt said...

Sioban-Take from WTM, botching the dinner will pave the way to no more holiday hostessing. However, please take note of the Hawaii exception per our WT sister j-yo.

11/15/2006 6:55 AM  
Blogger queen of wt said...

Welcome from Denmark! I am honored to make the Denmark blogroll! Naturally your blog is also on the White Trash Mom blogrolls! I also cracked up that your blog has a link to one of my favorite sites of all time----the trailer trash doll website!

11/15/2006 6:57 AM  
Blogger Merritt Fields said...

Some of my WT relatives may actually like the Spam Burrito...now if I served something high-falootin like escargot...they would run far, far away.

11/15/2006 8:01 AM  
Blogger J. said...

You know...I also found spam repellent until I met a Liberian woman who used it in her to-die-for cooking, and now I'm hooked. Lucky for me, Bosnia has all sorts of D-ration meat compressed products. Yum.

(Don't know how else to get rid of the rel's. I vote escargot...)

11/15/2006 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What exactly is Spam? I've never tried it. Is it as bad as it sounds?

11/15/2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess I'm in the minority here, but spam isn't that bad! lol

We grew up eating it, mostly fried, with rice & beans as a side dish. :D

http://ntycnboricua.blogspot.com

11/16/2006 10:58 AM  
Anonymous How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath said...

awesome info , keep up posting..

your info really enlighten my day..
hope you have a wonderful days,

Cheers

8/05/2011 3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home